Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"With a consensus not yet established...."

"With a consensus not yet established behind the abolition of the income tax (although I have never ceased voting and speaking on behalf of such an outcome), I have done my best to eliminate income and other taxation in as many specific cases as possible, in order at least to make dents in the edifice in the meantime.  For instance, I have proposed, for all those whose income consists largely of tips, that income in the form of tips be exempt from income taxation.  I have proposed that America's teachers be granted tax credits, thereby increasing their salaries.  I have proposed that people with terminal illnesses be exempt from Social Security taxes while they struggle for their lives.  (There is surely no moral justification for taxing people who are trying to maintain their very lives.)" -Page 79 of The Revolution, A Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment