Tuesday, September 20, 2011

“What moves me the most when I think about..."

“What moves me the most when I think about my supporters in my presidential campaign are the staggering efforts and creative energies- extraordinary and unprecedented, as far as I can see- that they expended on behalf of a message that promised them no special benefits, no loot taken for their fellow men.  The message promises only freedom, and no special privileges for anyone.  No one is surprised that people donate to a political campaign in the hopes of receiving some special favor if the candidate wins.  I was quite surprised, on the other hand, at how many would donate, volunteer, and vote in pursuit of nothing other than freedom, and the prosperity it naturally brings.” -Page 107 of The Revolution, A Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment